Discover the beauty and grace of belly dance in a six week session held at The Spinning Jenny in Greer, SC!
You will learn a series of fun, upbeat movements that will increase your stamina, tone your core, and encourage you to love your unique body.
Time: Thursdays, 7:30-8:30 pm September 19-October 24.
Are you intrigued? If so, join!
WARNING: You might have the following fears come up:
1. I have no rhythm (I'll teach you!)
2. I can't move my body that way (You probably can after practice!).
3. I have too much/too little belly (Whatever you have is perfect).
4. I'll feel silly! (We'll be silly, so don't worry about that).
5. I'll have to look at myself in the mirror. (You won't if you don't want to! Just follow the bouncing butt [mine]).
Don't allow fears to keep you from pursuing something on your bucket list.
Explore world dance and art during this week of sparkle and movement! We will learn a short Bollywood choreography and the elements of cane dance on MWF. On TTH, we will create henna designs and try a mosaic.
Design, render, and make costumes!
The first two days of camp, students will learn how to draw figures and fashion silhouettes.
On Wednesday, we'll go thrift storing for materials. Parents will need to provide rides for campers who don't drive.
Thursday and Friday, students will use their materials to sew, stitch, staple, or otherwise create a costume for a final fashion display Friday.