From Poem to Play: A five-day workshop teaching your teen how to transform an Anglo-Saxon war poem into a play using close reading, theatre techniques, and spear fighting.
The art of transforming a book or other long work into a stage production continues to be in high demand.
This workshop for homeschoolers will help you teach your teen about Anglo-Saxon history and literature in an active, engaging way that ends with them producing a work of literature themselves!
Skills in this workshop include the following:
1. Historical research
2. Close reading of a text
3. Understanding the differences between genres and how to cross genres effectively
5. Peer review and revision
6. Spear fighting
7. Stage combat choreography
8. The process of creating a cross-curricular project
This will be 20 hours of literature, history, and theatre for your homeschool.
Dates: August 9-13
The following will be required for this workshop:
1. A laptop or tablet and power cord for writing the script (labeled)
2. A Google Drive account for sharing and revising the scripts
3. Comfortable clothes and close-toed shoes (preferred)
4. Lunch, snacks, and water
5. Research handouts provided in the thank you email once the workshop is paid